Thursday, May 19, 2011

Anawangin Cove, Zambales

My AdBENtiyur
January 2008

Me my GF Mitch (now my wife)
Mark
Arvee
Lee
Cherry and a friend
Ren with Gf (now his ex) with her brother
Manong Driver

It all started when my workmates asked me to help them looked for a place to go, somewhere we can relax, somewhere beautiful, somewhere new and of course somewhere cheap. The original plan was make it an exclusive trip for MIS personnel only, but since I’m the one who is going to look for a place, I was given a special pass.

It took a few hours of my working time searching for a place, the moment I saw a photo of this place, I was in disbelief of its beauty and assets. The composition of this place is just not natural for me. Imagine a beach, but instead of the usual coconut tree, you’ll see hundreds of pine tree, now imagine it still being clean and seemingly untouched despite being a few miles away from Manila.

We did not waste time upon seeing a photo of this place, we only need is to arranged a budget for transportation, food and beers. The accommodation is simple. We just need to produce 4 to 5 tents.

So we now have a place to go, the only problem is to make this trip to reality. To make it happen we must first secure a commitment from the group. But after a week, most of them just backed-out and we need them because the budget will be too expensive to be shouldered by 4 persons. We need to work around it so we decided to open this trip to some friends. First I invited Mitch my GF, Ren Invited his GF and his GF‘s brother, Mark paid for Arvee and we then asked Cherry to come and that she can bring a friend.

After all the preparations and the very tight budgeting, we are finally on our way to Anawangin, riding a 15 seater Nissan Urvan the only separating us from the beauty is the road ahead. It took us more than 2 hours to arrive at Pundaquit, San Antonio Zambales, plus another 30 minutes for the boat ride to Anawangin Cove.

I was amazed by its beauty and serenity. It was a hidden beach paradise, a stunning place just a few hours away from Manila. I told myself this is one of my favorite places and I’ll return here next year.

I did return here the year after, but to my disappointment it was crowded and noisy, I guess that’s what happens when different kind of people goes to a place. I’m just praying that they’ll maintain its beauty and unpolluted surroundings.



About the place
It is located at San Antonio, Zambales. It is enclosed by mountain, makes it only passable by sea travel or a long hour hike. A local from the area told me that there is a proposal to create an access road to this place. He also told me that there are accidents happening here mostly drowning. But most of the time the victims are drunk and thoese who can’t swim.  

It also has a stream of water just a few meters away from the camping area. It is also near to Nagsasa Cove.

How to go here
Public Transportation
Ride a bus going to Sta Cruz or Iba Zambales
Go down at San Antonio, Zambales
Ride a tricycle going to Pundaquit
Arrange a boat ride to Anawangin


Tips
There is no Cellphone signal and no stores here. So make sure to bring flashlight, water food and batteries. Also there is no accommodation here but the last time I checked there is a cr. Plus somewhere in the middle of the cove there is a sandbar don’t go there alone. Most of the time accidents happen there due to water currents pushing you off the sandbar.    

View Larger Map

paMITCHyur

No comments:

Post a Comment