Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pagudpod Beach, Ilocos Norte

My AdBENtiyur
July 2008


Me
Mitch
Mar
Marie
Lara and Mark
Len and Husband

My adventure at Pagudpod is part of the Northern Exposure trip made possible by the RACE group. Pagudpod is very popular here at the Philippines for its beautiful beaches, the only hassle is the travel time and the budget.

When Marimar got an invitation from Race she immediately asked us if we are interested to join. I asked some of my officemates and they quickly decided to go and they’ll take their partners.

Unfortunately we did not have a chance to take a dip to its refreshing waters but I manage to dip my foot in its waters. My group decided to take a tour to the windmills instead of swimming. I think it was the best choice that time, having a very limited time, I won’t spend it swimming during a very hot sunny day, plus it was my first time to see a wind turbine up close.

After taking hundreds of pictures at the windmills, we left to eat lunch at Pagudpod beach. Well for now I’ll make do with taking pictures here but time will come that I won’t be bound by any schedule, that I can just lay my body to the waters for as long as I wanted.

About the place
Its one of the best beaches here in Luzon. The travel time is 10 hrs by land. There is a lot of place to go and activities when you are at Pagudpod. You can do trekking to Kabigan Waterfalls, do some surfing. Take a trip to Bangui windmills or better yet the Bojeador lighthouse.

How to go here
By land
You can take the Florida bus line from Sampaloc Manila (Manila to Pagudpod trip)
or other buses like Partas, Baliwag or Farinas (Manila to Laoag trip)
from Laoag it’s a 2 hours Jeep ride to Pagudpod

Tips
There’s a lot of resorts there for accommodation feel free to do some research first about the packages before committing to one.

View Larger Map

paMITCHyur


No comments:

Post a Comment